Document Format/ Software
Source materials can be submitted in various formats.
Available software: MS Windows XP/7, Microsoft Word 2007/2010, Microsoft Excel 2007/2010, Microsoft Powerpoint 2007/2010, Interner Explorer 7.0/8.0, Microsoft Outlook 2007/2010, Adobe Pagemaker 6.0, Adobe Acrobat Professional 9.0, Dreamweaver MX, Front Page, Adobe Photoshop CS, Corel DRAW 9, Corel PHOTO-PAINT 9, WinZip, WinRAR, McAfee VirusScan, ABBYY Lingvo 12.0, Multitran, Polyglossym 2, SDL Trados Studio 2009 Freelance, SDL Multiterm 2009, PractiCount, FineReader 9.0 etc.
Any correspondence and documents remain confidential. The translation procedure incorporates strict QA principles:
1. Provided documents are thoroughly studied.
2. Related information on the subject is gathered, i.e. available works in the field, industry glossaries and terminology etc.
3. The document is translated (CAT tools are used, if appropriate)
4. The document is proofread in terms of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
5. The document is proofread to ensure terms and style consistency.
6. The document is reviewed to ensure proper formatting.
Industry expertsí proofread is sought if required.
Turnaround time depends on the number of words and style of language (e.g., how much technical language or industry jargon is involved). My average translation speed is 1500 - 2000 words a day. With every project I perform a quality check to ensure that the document is error-free and the format has been maintained. To ensure consistency, I use special computer-aided tools and translation memory. For large projects up to three additional days may be required for verification.